1. No Profile Picture
    <?php
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

the k&r book has hard.......

the k&r has rather hard exercises...do any of you agree?

i would like to know exactly what everyone likes about this book.... is it easy to learn from or what?

thanks,
    -sean
    "I speak English, can you type it?" -Everett_XML
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I totally agree....I think the book is a little difficult to follow at times also. I'm trying to learn C a little better first and then I'll use the K&R book to learn a little more in depth.
  5. No Profile Picture

they are alittle hard to make you think about the code your editing more. Because you cant do them doesnt mean you havent learnt well enough. It is a great book for begineers aswell IMHO - I am currently using it and quite satisfied it allows you to get to a significantly higher level then most books alot faster =)
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

I like the book very much. I call it the "C Bible". But IMHO itīs for people that already have some knowledge. Not in C, but elsewhere in the PC area. Like about how a CPU works or in other programming languages.

I did turbo pascal since i was 12. Also got a little into assembler (helps a lot for general programming understanding!). With this book, at the age of 19, it took me only a few hours to learn C :D

In Appendix A eg, they define everything i felt like i knew already, just i could not put it into words like they do...

It wonīt tell you how to do any high-level stuff though... But then - you should not even try unless you understood the basics... Something i dislike very much with people learning C on VC++ :rolleyes:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo