1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

C++ Builder "The Book"

Ive been studying C++ Builder just for a while and Ive been having lots of doubts, most of them simple which sometimes can lead to a frustation. So Id like to buy a book where I could find "everything" I would need to develop some applications. Does anyone could recommend some good books on this subject ?? I know theres no perfect book, but one that could be very useful for a begginer...

Thank you for your help
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

I had the same problem as you with "Sam's Learn C++ in 21 days". It sounds like you are looking for "Ivor Horton's Beginning C++". Go to the book store and take a look at it. Everything is presented so that there are no holes in any explanations. And, there are 4-5 exercises at the end of every chapter with model answers--something I don't think any other C++ book has.

If you do get that book, I have only one suggestion: skip the overly complicated section in chapter 3 on bitwise operators. Nothing builds on it, and but for that brief section, the book is excellent.
    Last edited by 7stud; August 13th, 2003 at 05:58 AM.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thankx... I will take a look... At least, this one might be better than my last one.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo