1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question A car race game...

I've to program a simple car race game in C++(console mode)...

Do you know some nice articles that may help me to develop the program logic and solve the programming problems :confused: ...

if you've some nice things on your hard drives that may help me, kindly send them to signbit@msn.com

Take Care...
    posted by: justujoo

Error 13: BRAIN.SYS not responding, process terminted...!
  3. No Profile Picture

Check out these websites,

http://www.gametutorials.com/
    http://www.gamedev.net/

Check the tutorials section on the first website, and if you can't find what your looking for check out game dev, look around and you'll find just about anything you want.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks for help...

But I think there is a mis-confusion about my programming level... I have to program a simple console based car game in C (I don't know Win32 API programming) using standard C features...

(the car has to do cornering, turning and acceleration/decceleration i.e. in a way I've to simulate basic car physics)

Now the problem is, that on gamedev.net, most of the tutorials are too advanced and normally use the Win32 API...

as for gametutorials.com, firstly, it's not really about gametutorials (as the name suggests), secondly, most of the tutorials there are too basic (after all who wants to study about functions, arrays and conditionals anymore...) So it's not of musch use...

I know that I am asking too much which is not my right (after all it is my own headache) but this assignment is worth 7 points for me...

So if anyone of you knows some thing about it, kindly let me know...
    posted by: justujoo

Error 13: BRAIN.SYS not responding, process terminted...!
  7. No Profile Picture

Over at http://www.gametutorials.com/Tutorials/C++/Cpp_Pg1.htm they have advanced console programming tutorials, they show you how to make a maze game...where you use keyboard input...just read through the pages, they have everything you should need.

Mind you making even a basic racecar game will not be easy.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think I've already answered that question, I've already scanned their whole site... Most of it is pretty basic...

But anyways, thanks for dropping in a few lines...
    As for the difficulty of the assignment, I know it's not a very easy task...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo