1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy cgi problem contiunes..

hi!

I use borland c 5.0 to write cgi programs. These lines in my program executes normally on my computer, but in my teacher's computer, it gives the error message "cannot open cleaned.tmp" and the program terminates, although I give the "write acces" for the same directory with my cgi program in both of the computers.

if ((fp = fopen("cleaned.tmp", "w")) == NULL)
    {
    puts("cannot open cleaned.tmp\n");
    exit(1);
    }

why do you think it happens?

M.Hirsch asked how I gave "write acces":

I use personal web server in my computer and give write & execute acces to the directory which contains my cgi programs.

OS of My teacher's computer is win2000 and we use IIS there and again give write & execute acces to the same directory.

I thought that win 2000 may cause this problem and setup win2000 in my computer but did not encounter the same problem.

There are some ideas like these:

My executable (that I convert to cgi) needs some include files of C language.. Can this be true? If yes, which files are these?

thanks again
  3. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    >> My executable (that I convert to cgi) needs some include files of C language.. Can this be true? If yes, which files are these?

Include files are handled by the preprocessor at compile time and the contents are included BEFORE compilation. So the executable does not need any C include files at runtime. Whoever told you that it needs include files is probably smoking some very interesting ceremonial chemicals.

On the other hand, your executable might require a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) to execute. However, most EXEs (at least those generated by older compilers) would attempt to load the DLLs up front, before running. So, if the DLL is not present, it would error out before running anything else. To be sure, can you run the executable from the command prompt instead of a browser, on your teacher's computer?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo