1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

code returning -1.#IND00 values

I am having a problem with my code. I have been working on a code to calculate energy deposition in bone due to radiation. I wrote my code and it was working. I found an error in the subroutine that calculates how much energy is deposited. I made the changes to the subroutine and the subroutine works fine. When I put the subroutine into the code the code no longer returns values but I get an answer that looks like:

10.000 MeV Marrow: -1.#IND00 +/- -1.#J % Bone: -1.#IND00 +/- -1.#J % endosteum: -1.#IND00 +/- -1.#J % Total: -1.#IND00 +/- -1.#J %

where the first number is the value and the second is the statistical coefficient of variance. Now here is the funny thing as I reduce the total number of histories (i.e. the number of loop runs) the program starts to work and return valid numbers to me. Unfortunately the numbers do not have the statistical validity I am looking for. I am completely at a loss for why this is occuring. I am using Microsoft Visual C++ version 6.0 and have installed the updates so I am really wondering what the problem could be. If you have any ideas please let me know.

My code is attacedh
    Attached Files

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo