1. Huh?
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

ComboBoxes in BCB.

Does anybody know how to use Combo boxes in BCB V6? I need the box to list al the items in a table from a mysql db. I set up the connection, dataset and providers with no difficulty and if i choose to use a grid to display the items from the database it works fine. However, when i use a combo box it only shows the first item from the table.

I was initially using an sql connection but then changed to an ado connection. I thought the problem may have been that i was using a uni-directional data-set. Does this sound likely and how do i overcome it?

Any help is appreciated!

TIA
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    4dr14n
  3. Bad Andy

Just go into the help and type TComboBox. It will list any examples and/or implementation.
  5. Huh?

Hi!

Getting to be a habit that you answer my posts!!

I had tried the help files before posting on here but they did not help very much!

A colleague managed to steer me in the right direction and i found out my problem.

I was using a DBComboBox and trying to get info from the database which would not work. Instead i used a regular ComboBox and took the info from the dataset and it worked fine.

Thanks, once again, for taking the time to reply!
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    4dr14n
  7. Bad Andy

lol np. I see BCB and go in just to see if I can help and maybe learn something myself.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo