1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Compiles and runs in DEBUG MODE But then It crashes.

Hi, ive been creating the game "connect 4" using C and im half way through programming an AI to play it. When i compile my program and then run it by clicking the "debug" button i can play it through and all goes as planned. When i try to run the .exe file that was compiled by double clicking it the game crashes when the computer has to read through some linked lists.

This problem seemed to start when my program became quite large - the code that i had just added when it first crashed like this was copied and pasted from an earlier part of my program with a few pointer names changed - so there shouldn't be an error in the code.

IM using WINXP(on a p4, 256meg ram), the latest version of DEV-C++ compiler and ive also tried using the latest "mingw" compiler.
    CAN ANYONE SUGGEST THE PROBLEM? - or suggest a new compiler to try.. Is there a limit to how large a program is allowed to become or how much memory it is allowed to fill with linked lists?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Oops just realised i forgot to specify the error message. Windows xp comes up with a window saying "connect4.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."

I have hosted my source code and my .exe file on my webspace - http:\\morganim.customer.netspace.net.au

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo