1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Configure the serial Port with SetCommState under XP

I have a big problem to configure my serial Port under XP. I set the parity check with dcb.fparity=true and setcommstate. All parameters of dcb are set, but not the parity check is enabled.

Perhaps anyone can help me !

Thorsten
  3. Lord of Dorkness
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Central New York. Texan via Arizona, out of his element!
    You also have to set Parity to the appropriate value. It could be set to NOPARITY.
    Functionality rules and clarity matters; if you can work a little elegance in there, you're stylin'.
    If you can't spell "u", "ur", and "ne1", why would I hire you? 300 baud modem? Forget I mentioned it.
    DaWei on Pointers Politically Incorrect.
  5. No Profile Picture

I have set it to Even.
  7. Lord of Dorkness
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Central New York. Texan via Arizona, out of his element!
    Before or after the post? Perhaps you could be more forthcoming with information. How do you know it's not set? Are you introducing parity errors? Are you set to replace characters with errors with the errorChar? Are you getting comm errors? Is your operation aborting? My crystal ball is in the shop for "ball" joints this week.
    Functionality rules and clarity matters; if you can work a little elegance in there, you're stylin'.
    If you can't spell "u", "ur", and "ne1", why would I hire you? 300 baud modem? Forget I mentioned it.
    DaWei on Pointers Politically Incorrect.
  9. No Profile Picture

I set the paritycheck with SetCommState and then I get use GetCommstate in the debugging mode. And I read that the parity check isn't set.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo