Thread: New Dialog

1. Don't fear the penguins!
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

New Dialog

Ok, in Visual Studio .NET, I created a new, empty managed C++ project. Then, I designed a new dialog and created the class for it with the wizard. Only now, I dont know how to actually show the dialog when the program starts. :rolleyes: Any help?
    Every morning, I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work.

May your Tongue stick to the Roof of your Mouth with the Force of a Thousand Caramels.

To the systems programmer, users and applications serve only to provide a test load.
  3. Contributing User

This link might help... Win32 code is long though, so I don't feel like typing it. http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/ It might help you. But I need a goddam book...
  5. Don't fear the penguins!

Well, I've read through that tutorial some, and its explained quite a bit i didnt know, including the dialogs. So thanks for the link :)
    Every morning, I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work.

May your Tongue stick to the Roof of your Mouth with the Force of a Thousand Caramels.

To the systems programmer, users and applications serve only to provide a test load.
  7. Don't fear the penguins!

Ok, I've gotten the dialog up, but when I check the process in taskmanager, it says that its using up around 4 - 5 mb of memory... Is this normal, or is there somthing up with my code?

9. Contributing User

I have no idea... I'm a Win32 NooB too.

But who thinks we should have an 'API' forum?
  11. Don't fear the penguins!

Ah well, hopefully it wont suck up so much when the dialog isnt up (which is most of the time). And yeh, an API forum would be nice.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo