1. Rut row Raggy!
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Question Any experience w/wxWindows?

I downloaded wxWindows last week and installed it to use with my Dev-C++ complier, but I have no idea how to use it. I've searched the wxwindows.org website extensively and can't find any documentation about how to use it! The only documentation I could find was about the functions used in the library files. Has anyone used this? I looked for a forum on the website, but couldn't find that either. I guess there's no support for it since it's free.

And how do you make programs for Macs? I assume you need to use a Mac API like Coca or RealBasic, but I looked at the source code for Audacity and it's all one big project...so I'm wondering how they seperated it into three OS versions.
    Matt
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

i never dealt with creating MAC software, but creating cross-platform software most times comes down to using a lot of #ifdefīs...
    Can you find many of them in the code? Then itīs just as good as writing two programs of their own... :(
  5. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    I know that python has a pretty well documented interface to wxWindows (http://www.wxpython.org/). Maybe you can get some ideas there, or write your code in python :).
  7. Rut row Raggy!
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Originally posted by Scorpions4ever
    I know that python has a pretty well documented interface to wxWindows (http://www.wxpython.org/). Maybe you can get some ideas there, or write your code in python :).
    Thanks for the tip! I looked at a tutorial there on making a basic "skeleton" program, and I was very suprised to see how simple it was. I have never done any Python b/c I heard it was hard to learn, and I've never seen any jobs posted in my area looking for Python programmers, so I figured it wasn't worth the effort. Judging from that one application, it actually looks easier than C++!
    Matt

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo