1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Problem with graphics header files in turbo C++ 3.1 for windows

Hii

I was earlier using a different version of turboC++ which had graphics support. i had to move to another one because of the linker problems (static /dynamic linking option wass not available). would anyone tell me how i can incorporate graphics options in turboC++ 3.1 because all my programs are based on graphics..if anyone can reply asap

Thanks so much

Ravi
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

From the main menu: Options | Linker | Settings

In the upper left pane in the dialog box labeled "Libraries", check the checkbox for "Graphics Library".

From the manual (pp 106-107):
    The Graphics Library option controls the automatic searching of the BGI graphics library. When this option is checked, it is possible to build and run single-file graphics programs without using a project file. Unchecking this option speeds up the link step a bit because the linker doesn't have to search in the BGI library file.

The BGI Graphics library is not windows-compatible, so this option does not appear in the Turbo C++ for Windows IDE.

Note: You can uncheck this option and still build programs that use BGI graphics, provided you add the name of the BGI graphics library (GRAPHICS.LIB) to your project list.
  5. Contributing User

You can also use a later 32bit compiler, and use WINBGIM an enhanced BGI clone that uses WIN32 GDI calls. http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~main/bgi/doc/bgi.html

Clifford

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo