1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Graphs in C... How do i fix it??

Ive done a program for a graph coursework but i isnt working correctly.

I need the axis to be correct

|
    |
    |
    |___________________

An i need numbers to label it too.

If you think you can help pm me an ill send u it cos i dont want to just post it up.

Cheers Rob
  3. jasondoucette.com

Bromley_R, we are not going to code your school assignment for you. There are two threads with plenty of information to get you started with this assignment:

http://forums.devshed.com/t55711/s.html
    http://forums.devshed.com/t54458/s.html
  5. No Profile Picture

Thumbs down

Im not bein funny lad but whats this site for then??

I did all the code an was stuck!!

So if your goin to repeatedly say that your not goin to do it cos ive got to do it myself whats the point of the forum!!

I have made the effort like some1 aske before an now you tell me your not helpin?

I think you should go an get shagged you ****in wanker!!!!
  7. jasondoucette.com

This site exists to teach and to learn from. This site is not to do students' homework assignments for them.

If you have attempted code which does not work, ask us for the specific problem. If you are trying out some of the ideas that others have suggested in your original thread ( http://forums.devshed.com/t55711/s.html ), then reply with your concerns to that thread.

And yes, I will repeatedly say that I will not do the code for you. I have sufficiently explained how you could code such a text-graph in C from in this thread: http://forums.devshed.com/t54458/s.html which I had directed you to in the first thread you started. If you have questions about specific things I have mentioned, then ask, and I will show you what I mean. But, no, I will not code the assignment for you.

You will probably get banned if continue your behaviour on this fourm.

You should read the thread New users - HOW TO POST A QUESTION - READ THIS FIRST. Particularly the bottom section of it. I will quote it here:

Only you know what "doesn't work" means

Please tell us what your script is supposed to do and why it "doesn't work". Or if you don't feel like explaining what the whole script is, at least tell us what the offending code is supposed to do. When you come in and say "it doesn't work" or just "it has errors", that means NOTHING. There could be a million things wrong and no one will know where to look.

If you're not going to take the advice, don't ask for help.

Often times, people post questions about their script with the wrong mindset from the very beginning. Soon they are receiving replies, and silently debugging their code, making no effort to even acknowledge the people helping them! It becomes one sided, and the poster isn't aware that many of the people helping them hope to learn something as well! Letting people know of your progress and how their suggestions apply (or do not apply) will not only help you figure out your problem quicker, but you'll be returning the favor to those of us who learn more by helping.

In even worse scenarios, sometimes the poster will argue back even when they don't know what they're talking about. Hey - if you know it all, don't ask for help.

When people give you free code that may solve your problem, by all means, try it out! And if it's not what you need, at least thank them.

And if people post code that is over your head, ask them for an explanation. Too many times I see great solutions posted, then the original poster doesn't understand it and goes hunting around the PHP manual and finds some function they think will solve their problem but really has Nothing to do with their problem! The solution you are given may not always be something you are totally familiar with, so just ask for a better explanation!

Remember when people help you, they are doing YOU a favor

Regardless of how big your ego is, it is NOT someone else's privilege to debug Your code. It is not their privilege to have them help you. It is YOURS. Remember that when people help you they are doing YOU a favor. You are not doing them a favor by letting them see your incredible application. Be patient, help people out by posting good descriptions of what you need help with, and not snapping at people with garbage such as "if you aren't going to help don't waste my time replying".
    Last edited by Jason Doucette; March 20th, 2003 at 08:30 PM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo