1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Gtk/Gdk, manipulating individual pixels?

Hi,

I've been fiddling around with Gtk and C lately in a bid to learn C further, and to get a little experience with Gtk - purely a learning experience :)

However, I have a handle on boxes and tables and layout things like that (I worked with Java/Swing before, which works with widgets in much the same manner) - what I'm looking for is how to manipulate image data on a pixel by pixel basis - I've been reading the gdk and gdk-pixbuf API and have been running round in circles!

I can't load the image data directly, because I'm trying to import map tiles I had lying around from my Gameboy Advance stuff (my ultimate aim is to make something that I might be able to edit simple maps with) - GBA images I have are stored in C header files, and GBA images are stored in BGR format...

I can load the numbers from the header files into arrays easily enough. I can open up a simple which has plenty of space to display a map, were I able to load one to display. All I want is to be able to show these 8x8 pixel tiles by taking the image data in the array, and creating it into something which is viewable via a GtkWidget.

Anyone have any suggestions? As I said, the gdk/gdk-pixbuf has had me running around for days now. :/ I'd like to either be able to load the array information directly into something, or create a pixel buffer of some sort and set the pixels one by one manually (preferably the latter - that'd letme iron out image format problems easier too).

Cheers in advance for any suggestions :)

Stween.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hmm, I don't know the answer to your question, but you can try asking your question on the Gtk+ mailinglist:
    http://gtk.org/mailinglists.html
    or the Gnome forums:
    http://gnomesupport.org/forums/

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo