1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I need help programming, using HCS12

Hello,
    I am working on my senior project and I am doing the programming portion of the project. We are going to use
    an HCS12 Dragon board microcontroller which uses the rs-232. We are going to use two devices an ECG and an
    Accelerometer. Data from the two devices are going to be put into the microcontroller and then we will use
    a tranceiver to send data to a second microcontroller.
    Here is our programming problem for the moment. The ECG is an analog signal that needs to be converted to
    a signal that the microcontroller can understand, a TTL wave. How would that be done?

Comments on this post

• jwdonahue disagrees : You posted this problem to the same forum twice! Shame on you.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You don't have a C/C++/C# problem, so why are you posting it in a C programming forum? I recall having seen a recent announcement of a new embedded programming forum here, so that might be a better place to post your questions. Navigate up to Dev Shed Forums and browse.

Also, you might consider just posting your request once and not create duplicate threads.

Normally, we would use a hardware solution to the problem of converting an analog signal to digital values. That would be an analog-to-digital converter (ADC). There might be one included in your microcontroller board; I do not have the specs.
  5. Contributing User

Originally Posted by skatingdisaster
    We are going to use an HCS12 Dragon board microcontroller which uses the rs-232.
    Uses RS232 for what? Is that the only I/O you have? You also make the bizarre assumption that we know what "an HCS12 Dragon board microcontroller" is; post a linkl se whe can see what I/O you have available.

Originally Posted by skatingdisaster
    The ECG is an analog signal that needs to be converted to a signal that the microcontroller can understand, a TTL wave. How would that be done?
    How is that a programming problem rather than a hardware problem.

If what you have is this then it has 16x10bit ADC channels so what is the problem?

What is the bandwidth and amplitude of the of ECG signal?

Actually, get this moved to the embedded forum as suggested.
    Last edited by clifford; November 3rd, 2009 at 11:21 AM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo