1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Lightbulb Help with starting out

Hello, I start my first classes in August which is concepts of programming. My department head informed me it would be in my best interest to read a book on C++ to get a basic hold on it before classes start. I recently started reading C++: A beginner's Guide. I have also installed Visual Studios on my Surface 3. I have read the first few chapters in which it wants me to start by writing a basic program that will spit out a phrase once I run it. My question is : When entering lines into the program from my understanding one must start with ios stream. cl- Gx, or bcc32. Which one of these do I need to use on windows to get started? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

No idea, however this "basic program which spits out a phrase" idea (typically "hello world") works because the program is about as simple as you can get, given that you'll almost always need some sort of output displayed, and you will need to start to become familiar with your editor and build system.
    [code]Code tags[/code] are essential for python code and Makefiles!
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I'm Not a big fan of visual studio.it's a good IDE for many languages but as you specific about the language(C++).For that
    you can use Code::Blocks IDE :Downloads. this supports multiple compilers like clang,GCC,Visual c++ etc
    the basic program is always "hello world" for almost any languages like b49P23TIvg said above.
    after you create that program don't close it try add more code to it whenever you study a new topic like IF,else if,For ,while etc keep on implementing all the codes.
    best of luck ..

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo