1. No Profile Picture
    Dude' Where's My JD and Coke
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy Last Hope! C++ and the API from HELL!

I have asked this question all over the place and have not got any response, so this is my last hope.

I am using the API AccessibleObjectFromWindow( ... ) to find the menu bar of an office application. I am using this function in conjunction with the OBJID_NATIVEOM param to get the native object model of the commandbar. The function works and returns S_OK. The problem is that the object returned is an IAccessible* I use query interface to see the object supports the command bar interface and low and behold it doesn't. By examining the object returned I can see that it is the command bar because it has all of the properties. i.e. Name, Role, even position.

If anyone knows how to get this to work I would be very grateful if you could explain how. Any suggestion, tips or comments would be appreciated.

Just for reference here is a very very cut down version of the code. It is hosted in a C++ Com DLL that is being called by a VB.Net Client (I know VB.Net isn't the best choice of client, but they are making me use it because they "canít afford to re-train staff to uses C++")

STDMETHODIMP CUtils::GetMenu(IDispatch** ppMenu)
    {
    IDispatch * pDisp = NULL;

HWND hWnd = FindWindowEx(GetDesktopWindow(), NULL, "wndclass_desked_gsk",NULL);
    hWnd = FindWindowEx(hWnd, NULL, "MsoCommandBarDock", "MsoDockTop");
    hWnd = FindWindowEx(hWnd, NULL, "MsoCommandBar", "MenuBar");

AccessibleObjectFromWindow(hWnd, OBJID_NATIVEOM, IID_IDispatch, (void**) ppMenu);
    return S_OK;
    }
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I know absolutely nothing about the Win32 API but the folks HERE can probably help you.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Dude' Where's My JD and Coke

Thanks

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo