1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

increasing text size to output

I have the word "Testing" going out to a .txt file. Is there anyway I can increase the font-size of the word "Testing" so it will show up bigger in the .txt file? Thanks in advance.

-andy
    hmmm...
  3. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    Not really -- here's the problem -- it doesn't matter what you output into the text file, if the application that you use for displaying the text file, doesn't understand the formatting commands.

So, if you wrote something like this:
    Code:
    <h1>Big Font</h1>
    Normal Font
    into a text file, and then used Notepad to view the file, all the text would show up EXACTLY as you see it above. However, if you use a web browser to view it, then the browser will render the words "Big Font" in large letters. So you see, it has nothing to do with what you wrote, and everything to do with what you're using to view the file.
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Uh, text is text is text.

OK, not strictly speaking (eg, ASCII vs EBCDIC vs wide), but a normal text file only contains character codes and no formatting information except for tabs and newlines.

You'd have to store it with formatting information, at which point it is no longer a normal text file. You could use RTF or HTML or nroff dot-commands, but then you'd need to interpret that formatting for when you display or print the file.

Or did you have something else in mind?
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

scorp..not a bad idea..I might try that out. Thanks

-andy
    hmmm...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo