1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy Inter process communication.

Dear friends,
    I am designing one software written in C.The job of the software is to make connection with comport and instruct the modem to send SMS from the file. The program will start by the user.When it is completed(When message to all the users in file is done) it should be terminated. Till now i don't have any confusion. But the problem is i have to develop it on network basis.Means users from network will place database file of users and call the program to sent it.
    ->I have thought the following steps to solve this problem.
    When the program is started is will check that are there any same program running in server ?(Means if the other user on network has started program to sent sms from the file and it is in running condition) if it is then it will place its address(I don't know which address but the process address or process Id i mean :chomp: ) in the queue in the running process. When the currently running program is terminated before termination it will call the queued program.

In the condition , where more than one program are queued the program will find the value of queue of each program.It will continue unless it will find NULL value of queue in program and it will queue itself in it.

So can any body give me suggestion how to make this code practical ? I don't want code from you.I want suggestion on the topic how to make connection between two program ? Is there any other structure good rather than I have done here ? Give some best example of the same problem also.Thanking you in advance for reading the big problem by giving your time. :confused:
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question

Before knowing any suggestion from your side... How if my program will check for the status of the comport. If it is occupied it will sleep for some minutes. after wake up it will again check for it. When it is available it will gain access it and do its work(sending SMS from file) after completion terminating itself and make comport free to use for other program.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo