Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. not a fan of fascism (n00b)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

what version of windows are you running? i cant see why that wouldnt work for you, i've got it working on XPsp0 fine.
  3. It Doesn't Work!
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Windows 98, first edition, english, i think it's the first win98 release.

I use winsock 1,1. Should this work with XP? I think it should...
    I'm asking because f2f 0.1 (see my signature) doesn't work on XP - it fails on the begining...
    I don't know why, 'cos it's just the most simple code for sending files...
  5. not a fan of fascism (n00b)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

hmm i really dont know the answer to that question. now im totally speculating here, so feel free to ignore me :D... maybe the win98 implementation of tcp/ip doesn't actually bind a udp socket until the actual all to sendto() is made. i would hope this is NOT the reason why; since giving a programmer the ability to call connect on a UDP socket certainly would offer at least a slight performance gain over not calling connect. the call to connect is supposed to consult the routing tables and determine the outgoing interface to be used. so if you make the call to connect once b4 sending out datagrams you will avoid all those future routing table tests. if you are sending out thousands of packets i would imagine this to have some significance. when passed an unconnected UDP socket in a call to sendto(), most BSD derived protocol stacks will first connect the socket, then call sendto, and THEN disconnect the socket! so if win98 doesnt provide you a facility to bypass that, i would think that's pretty stupid! anyone else with win98 care to verify this? i donno the windows equivalent of *nix 'strace' command, but that would clear this up i think:D
  7. It Doesn't Work!

Would you please try f2f 0.1 if it works on XP?
    Below my signature:)
    ||
    ||
    ||
    ||
    V
    Last edited by Loser; September 23rd, 2003 at 10:34 AM.
  9. It Doesn't Work!

Oh, jesus, you know why it doesn't work? Because i forgot to handle no argvs's, so if you ran it with no args it crashed...

lol what an ugly mistake :)

So it works. :D
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo