Thread: libxml

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question libxml

I need to parse html documents in the program i am coding. I was told to use libxml. I downloaded it, but that is about as far as I have gotten on that front. There are so many classes, and the documentation seems to be written for people who know what they are doing. Im not really sure where to start. Has anyone used this class library before? any advice welcome.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If this is the libxml from xmlsoft.org, update to libxml2; the older version is no longer supported.

Again, if this is the same library, there are a couple of examples in the documentation that are helpful. Resist the temptation to maintain your program's internal data in the XML tree provided by libxml. After wasting a week fooling around this way, I realized that it made a lot more sense to develop and maintain my own internal data structures, and convert to xml only when I needed to generate xml output.
    Clay Dowling
    Lazarus Notes
    Articles and commentary on web development
    http://www.lazarusid.com/notes/
  5. No Profile Picture

libxml2 from xmlsoft.org, ya that is the one I'm talking about. Ill give those examples a go and get back to you.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo