1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question matrix libraries

Hello,

I am currently trying to translate signal processing Matlab code into C code. Unfortunately, there are many road blocks due to the lack of matrix operations libraries in C. Specifically, I am looking for matrix division, matrix power (x^M where x is a scalar and M is a matrix), and singular value decomposition.

I've checked out many websites in search of libraries, but have not found satisfactory programs. If anyone can recommend a good library (free or not), I'd be much obliged. Thanks.

Marcus Aurelius
  3. Only Human

I used a class in my advanced placement computer science cless called apmatrix.It has all the math functions you need. Try http://www.collegeboard.com/ap/stude...i/classes.html, it should be good enough, I'm not sure, and I don't know what matlab is.
  5. No Profile Picture

amusingly, for my project, I had to translate Matlab code that my mentor handed to me to C++. Unfortunately my background is mathematics and computer science not signal processing. So it was beyond my ability to reimplement everything. I used the Matlab compiler to convert the code to C++. The problem is that the ported code isn't exactly efficient and rather slow because they use custom made array objects everywhere in the ported code.

But you can use the converted code as a guide for you to port your matlab code to C, just make the necessary adjustments for speed and keep the function outlines.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo