1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Microsoft Visual Studio

aside from vb.net, C# and C++. does MVS supports the C LANGUAGE? im thinking of moving to MSV

thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Moved from the Lounge.

And yes, MSVC has built-in support for C/C++ (native) in addition to C#/VB.net (managed); and many others can be added by way of installable language services.
    ~~ Peter ~~ :: ( Who am I? ) :: ( Peter's Musings: Uploading myself, bit by bit... ) :: ( Electronic Frontier Foundation ) :: ( I'm a GNU/Linux addict and Free Software Advocate. ) :: ( How to Ask Questions the Smart Way ) :: ( The Fedora Project, sponsored by Red Hat ) :: ( GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project ) :: ( GnuPG Public Key ) :: ( About me on the WIki )
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Yes, Visual Studio does indeed support C, even though it is oriented to C++. In order to compile a program as C, you need to give it the .c extension, as opposed to C++'s .cpp extension.

However, since Microsoft has hitched its wagon on the future of C++, you will find that there is no support for C99. Which is cool, because if you wanted those extra features then you would use C++ and STL.

Comments on this post

• codergeek42 agrees : Well put...lol.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo