1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

c/c++ and mysql on windows

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some links for any c/c++ mysql libraries for mingw/msys that don't require mysql to be installed, so i could make a program that would just need a few small dlls to connect to a server or something
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If you're using DevC++, there is a MySQL development package that you can get via vUpdate. The Win32 MySQL package will also let you install just the client.

There is also a nice pacage called Zeos DBO which provides access to MySQL and PgSQL via Borland's nice database access components (and without requiring the bulky Borland Database Engine).

If you're using mingw though you'll be happiest with the DevC++ package.
    Clay Dowling
    Lazarus Notes
    Articles and commentary on web development
    http://www.lazarusid.com/notes/
  5. No Profile Picture

Ok thanks, the devcpp package is just the mysql client headers and libs from the regular mysql package you would download for like linux or something right?

So i would have to tell linux users who wanted to compile the program to get mysql source and build like ./configure --without-server and it would give them everything they would need in the way of headers and libs?

Thanks a bunch
  7. No Profile Picture

So if i went with the zeosdbo thing, can i compile that in msys and make some dlls to package with my program (if the zeosdbo thing is GPL) and for linux users i could say "get this lib and install it" right?

That all piviots around my inititive to actually start coding again :)
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally posted by Mr_PiCaLo
    So if i went with the zeosdbo thing, can i compile that in msys and make some dlls to package with my program (if the zeosdbo thing is GPL) and for linux users i could say "get this lib and install it" right?
    Zeosdbo is only for the Borland development environment. You can't use it with DevC++, and it isn't available for UNIX at all.

For your UNIX users, they'll just install the MySQL client library, if they don't already have it installed.
    Clay Dowling
    Lazarus Notes
    Articles and commentary on web development
    http://www.lazarusid.com/notes/
  11. No Profile Picture

Ok, thanks, I'm going to just use the regular mysql stuff for dev-cpp, because i don't have any borland stuff...

Thank you very much for your help :)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo