1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Netbeans doesn't recognize the C project folder

Hi everybody,
    I have this C project that is passed to me, it has been written in ubuntu with gcc. I need to debug it. I have ubuntu and installed netbeans and GNU compiler(g++,gmake,gdb,gcc) for it. I tested a sample C project and was able to build and debug it successfully. now the problem is I can't open the C project in netbeans. Netbeans does not recognize it as a project folder. when I try to open it it will be opened and it continues till I reach to the .c files. I think it is beacuse the project doesn't follow the standardization of netbeans. I mean instead of having headers files, resource files and source files(which netbeans requires), there are only three folders: resource, deploy and memory-leaks and alot of .h and.c files inside of the project folder.

Now, how can I make it work? is there any way that netbeans can recognize this as a project and let me to debug it? if not, can I just put the files each in related folders?

any suggestion is really appreciated!
    thank you
    sahar
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Isn't NetBeans some kind of Java library? What's it got to do with your C project.

Is there a readme file in the C project directory? You'll probably have to build the project before you can load the binary with a debugger. If there's no readme file explaining how to build it, try running make at the root of the project tree.

Actually, you might want to look around for make files. There might be multiple "mini" projects involved that are supposed to get built in a particular order.
    I no longer wish to be associated with this site.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo