1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Random Monster Attack

say i create a monster with a certen HP etc... if i wanted a random monster coming up when i want to..so everytime they play it's diffrent..."? can someone help me? if you need to see the code look in one of my other posts - thanks - later
  3. Contributing User

Well this isn't really a games forum... go check out the forums here gamedev.net . And the did a review on a book called something like "Making RPGS with DirectX8.0" apparently it is great (I never read it). The DirectX part migth be too advanced for you though. But at least the book will teach you how to program the "game core"
  5. No Profile Picture

i'm talking about c++ code - that's what i need help with
  7. Contributing User

Ya...Do you know what DirectX is? It's a graphics API. So with that book you can learn how to program an RPG from head to toe. It even talks about how to write the stories and teaches a bit of c++ at the beginning. The book is made for beginners. So you won't have to make it 'text-based' as you planned. It can be a full RPG (in 3d even) like FF! Did you even check out the site? It has tutorials...forums...and even newbie guides.

EDIT: Ahh... just found this surfing on the web. It is exactly what you need! (Especially part 3) http://www.gametutorials.com/Tutorials/GT/GT_Pg1.htm
    Last edited by #define Gangsta; July 12th, 2003 at 10:03 PM.
  9. No Profile Picture

awsome - i check it out later- that would be awsome ^_^ thanks bye

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo