1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Remote connections and Proxy

I'm trying to connect to a remote database using a proxy. How would I do this using C++.

The proxy I'm using is WinProxy and the database I'm trying to connect to is on my web site.

I have a local copy of the database, but they need to be in sinc.

The ip address would be something like 60.255.255.24 the port would be something like 3127.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

this is a too generic question. to give some generic answer:

- use a library
    or
    - use sockets.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I'm using Sockets.

Well what I'm doing is actually in Java. I figured if someone answered me in C++ I could adapt it. I've also asked this question in a Java Fourm but had no responce.

What I want to know is, with an FTP program, there's an area that says Firewall/Proxy which allows you to connect through a proxy.

My Database Connection String Is like this(fictional IP).

jdbc:mysql://60.255.255.21:3127/Database_db

If I use this from my computer, I get unreachable IP. If I try it on the computer that has a direct connection to the internet it's fine.

I connect through anothr computer with local IP of 10.0.0.1 on http port 6588. The rest of the ports are their usual ports IE. FTP 10.0.0.1:21 that sort of thing.

I don't need anything specific to Java or even C++. I just need to know how other programs do it. Syntex in any language would be great.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo