1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Running programs

I have loaded RH9 onto my system and am now having a strange problem.

I can compile my applications just fine, but when I try to run any of them I get the following error. Can anyone help me?

./sbgate: relocation error: /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

Thanks,
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

The .so libraries are shared libraries, kind of like DLLs in Windows. The application links to them when it runs.

It looks like a version incompatibility. The mysqlclient .so library might have been created with a later version of gcc and of the glibc library than what you have loaded in your system. You can read your gcc version with the command: gcc -v . The ".6" in "libc.so.6" indicates its version.

You might want to see if mySQL has a library that is compatible with your versions of gcc and (especially) libc.so.6 . If not, you might want to consider upgrading gcc & libc.so.

Please verify with the Linux section that this is the most likely source of the problem. Also -- and most definitely -- check with them for the corrective action and that what I have suggested is correct.
    Last edited by dwise1_aol; June 13th, 2003 at 03:17 PM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo