June 20th, 2003, 02:59 AM
When i said i MOVED the .dll i actually COPIED it. I have a copy of it in both the mysql directory and the system32 path.
Sorry for the confusion.
I have just tried again with the sqlconnection, double checked all path names etc and it still says it is unable to load libmysql.dll. I dont think is meant to work for me!
Thanks for the warnings on using ADO and MySQL but i reckon i'll have to stick with that coz it is the only way that seems to work!!
June 20th, 2003, 07:50 AM
Here's an old post about the two problems I encountered with ADO/MySQL. It uses ASP/VB code, but at least you can see the solution and tweak it for use with C++ if you need to.
Multiple-step OLE DB Generated Errors
EDIT: Yes, this was the big post #1,000. I've still got a long way to go to catch up with SepodatiCreations currently at 4,190. At my posting rate, I'll be there in about six years...
Last edited by dcaillouet; June 20th, 2003 at 08:58 AM.
June 20th, 2003, 08:49 AM
Hey! Dcaillouet hit the big 1k Congrats!