1. Bad Andy
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

using MouseCoord

In BCB 6, there is a function MouseCoord(int x, int y) However, I never used it and it can't just be called in that way. How is this used? I want the MouseCoord to be in an OnClick() event in TPaintBox component. Therefore, when the user clicks the paintbox, it can return something to the area where the mouse is. Is this possible?
  3. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    IIRC, the MouseCoord method is part of a Grid Object alone. If you want the mouse coordinates on a TPaintBox component, why not hook to its OnMouseDown event instead of OnClick.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  5. Bad Andy
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Yea, the help file was saying something about a TCustomGrid, but I found no such component? OnClick or OnMouseDown...not much difference is there? Other than having the even occur that split second before you release the mouse button?
  7. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    >> the help file was saying something about a TCustomGrid, but I found no such component?
    It's not a component, but it is the parent class of a few components though (such as TStringGrid, TDrawGrid, TDBGrid or whatever). So those components all inherit the MouseCoord method from the parent.

>> OnClick or OnMouseDown...not much difference is there?
    With OnMouseDown, the framework passes the mouse coordinates as arguments to the event handler function, which is exactly what you're looking for (it also passes the state of the shift/ctrl/alt keys + which mouse button was clicked). With OnClick, all you know is that a click occurred. :)
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo