1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

wich XML libray for simple C/C++ programs?

Hi all,

I have to program a simple server that receives and sends xml formatted data. I would like to know wich is the best XML library to use. The profile i look for is: a simple library (so it does not take too long to learn it) that can be used with Visual C++ (I would prefer multiplatform, who knows what I 'd need tomorrow) and that performs simple tasks as node creation and reading, attributes creation and reading, and maybe some (non DTD or Schema constrained) validation.
    TIA
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

xerces seems to foot the bill. It supports JAVA and C++.
    I have use it in Java platform though, not in C++,so u may need to check it out further before taking my word for it...

I never coded in VC++ before, but i am sure there is one for it. coz it does in VB...(XMLDOM) (my prefered XML API)

http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/...m_objects.html

hope it helps...
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks,

I'll try both. I've seen also libxml which also seems to fit.
  7. No Profile Picture

Re: wich XML libray for simple C/C++ programs?

Originally posted by ygdrasyl
    Hi all,

I have to program a simple server that receives and sends xml formatted data. I would like to know wich is the best XML library to use. The profile i look for is: a simple library (so it does not take too long to learn it) that can be used with Visual C++ (I would prefer multiplatform, who knows what I 'd need tomorrow) and that performs simple tasks as node creation and reading, attributes creation and reading, and maybe some (non DTD or Schema constrained) validation.
    TIA
    See the original XML API in the MSDN, there is also XMLDOM API which is basically the same with a few changes and works on IE 5+, the XML API works on IE4. You can use these API's from C and C++, but they are the lowest level API's and you will need to know COM to work with them because they are built on COM. They do exactly what you need - parse an XML file, get nodes, names, attributes, etc. Working with them gives the fastes results. It is not so easy like in VB, but since the VB wrapper is bult on the XML API it is slower.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks,

I've seen it, and used it with asp. My problem is that I do not know COM. Do you know an good tutorial where to start from?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo