1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile What is Ad hoc Testing??

Hi Friends,

While browsing about Software Testing I came across the term “Ad hoc Testing” and I wanna know the actual meaning of it and its advantages and disadvantages. Apart from Ad hoc testing how many types of testing are there and what is the difference between them and Ad hoc Testing? Please provide the details with link.

Have a great day!

< --- Nice try in faking your signature. Another false move and you'll be banned -->
    Last edited by Scorpions4ever; August 21st, 2012 at 08:30 AM.
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You could have simply googled for this
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

As a guy who's job often involves fulfilling requests which have the dubious distinction of being "ad hoc" I've concluded the inferred term is really "odd hack"
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Patra
    Hi Friends,

While browsing about Software Testing I came across the term “Ad hoc Testing” and I wanna know the actual meaning of it and its advantages and disadvantages. Apart from Ad hoc testing how many types of testing are there and what is the difference between them and Ad hoc Testing? Please provide the details with link.

Have a great day!
    After more search I have found that Ad hoc testing is a term commonly used for the tests carried out without planning software and documentation. You will need to perform this test only once unless there are some defects. If you find a defect, the action plan that you create depends on the kind of defects found and the frequency of occurrence.
  9. No Profile Picture

Ad Hoc testing is just another name for Trial and Error, you write some code, you test it by inputting some variables for example and you see which results it gives. Based on those results, you change the code where needed and continue.

Greetings, Jojofromjory

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo