1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Beginner w/trouble finding reliable freeware compiler

Could someone recommend a site where one can download a reliable freeware Pascal Compiler, ideally Borland version 5.5 or later? My latest unsuccessful attempt was Lazarus IDE v0.9.28.2 beta . I installed it and tried to run the "Hello World" program, but got this message: “The debugger <file path> does not exist or is not executable. See Environment - > Debugger Options”. Just to be sure I looked under the "Environment" menu, but there's nothing there about debugging. I've also tried the Borland site
    and others, but there are varying obstacles and error messages that this newbie can't get around.

Best regards from the Great White North of Kirov, Russia,

Jeff
  3. No Profile Picture

Have you looked at Free Pascal.
    Old versions of Delphi have been made available for free.
  5. No Profile Picture

Pascal Compiler

Originally Posted by dodgersrj
    Could someone recommend a site where one can download a reliable freeware Pascal Compiler, ideally Borland version 5.5 or later? My latest unsuccessful attempt was Lazarus IDE v0.9.28.2 beta . I installed it and tried to run the "Hello World" program, but got this message: “The debugger <file path> does not exist or is not executable. See Environment - > Debugger Options”. Just to be sure I looked under the "Environment" menu, but there's nothing there about debugging. I've also tried the Borland site
    and others, but there are varying obstacles and error messages that this newbie can't get around.

Best regards from the Great White North of Kirov, Russia,

Jeff
    Google should be your friend. Try the keywords: free pascal compiler. There are 2.5 MILLION results, including at least 1 for what your looking for.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo