1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Call a webservice from COBOL

Hi to all,

can anyone tell me how can i call a webservice from a COBOL application? Can you give me an example?

Thanks
  3. Commie Mutant Traitor
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

It's going to be dependent on the COBOL compiler in question. The language itself, needless to say, has no concept of web services, at least not usually (some compilers may have extensions for it, I suppose). However, most implementations will allow you to call outside libraries using EXTERNAL functions. It is possible that the implementation you are using has some sort of library that would allow you to call out to a suitable web service. If not, you would want to find (or write) a third-party library that you can call out to.

I'm not a COBOL expert, however; I just had to look up that information right now, in fact. You probably will have to RTM for the compiler to get the details.
    Rev First Speaker Schol-R-LEA;2 JAM LCF ELF KoR KCO BiWM TGIF
    #define KINSEY (rand() % 7) λ Scheme is the Red Pill
    Scheme in Short Understanding the C/C++ Preprocessor
    Taming Python A Highly Opinionated Review of Programming Languages for the Novice, v1.1

FOR SALE: One ShapeSystem 2300 CMD, extensively modified for human use. Includes s/w for anthro, transgender, sex-appeal enhance, & Gillian Anderson and Jason D. Poit clone forms. Some wear. $4500 obo. tverres@et.ins.gov
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Check out the Microfocus web site. They've got all sorts of tools available for doing this.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo