1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Clipper 5 compiling

Hello Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I was thrown into a tech position at a large insurance company without any instruction from previous IT people, the company has a very in depth conversion system in place for files we receive from clients. Every client has its own routine written and is specified inside the application.

I have located the source .prg files and have added / made all the necessary changes to the files and now need to recompile the .exe for the changes to take affect.

I have read forums of other people needing help doing the same thing and where told to use batch files to get the .obj's and then compile the obj's into a .exe. I found the batch files that I believe were used to originally compile the application but have no idea how to use them.

If someone could assist me I would appreciate it GREATLY! As right now I cannot add any new clients into our conversion which is a BIG problem!

Comments on this post

• Schol-R-LEA agrees : I haven't heard of anyone using Clipper since... 1987, maybe? Sorry I can't help though.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by mBrown559
    Hello Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I was thrown into a tech position at a large insurance company without any instruction from previous IT people, the company has a very in depth conversion system in place for files we receive from clients. Every client has its own routine written and is specified inside the application.

I have located the source .prg files and have added / made all the necessary changes to the files and now need to recompile the .exe for the changes to take affect.

I have read forums of other people needing help doing the same thing and where told to use batch files to get the .obj's and then compile the obj's into a .exe. I found the batch files that I believe were used to originally compile the application but have no idea how to use them.

If someone could assist me I would appreciate it GREATLY! As right now I cannot add any new clients into our conversion which is a BIG problem!
    No one out there knows clipper I take it . Any suggestions or links to other websites that might help are greatly appreciated as well.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo