1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to create a hotkey to press a button?

In a program, I need to click a button frequently but the software doesn't support hotkey. I need to create a hotkey by myself to activate this button. The idea was to create a hotkey or macro script which will emulate a mouse click. I need to find out the button name in order for AutoHotKey or Autoit to identify the button and trigger the clicking action. However, it seems the button is an internal object within the software which isn't visible to windows (through Windows Spy or Window Info tools of AutoHotkey and Autoit respectively).

Any idea? Thanks
    Last edited by ManiacDan; September 7th, 2011 at 12:49 PM.
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Place the window in the top-left corner of your screen. Record a macro that moves the pointer all the way to the top left corner of your monitor, then down to the button and clicks it. Then you can run your macro however often you like, because no matter where your mouse pointer is, it will zoom up to the top left corner, then down to the button.

Also, I've edited your post to remove the initial brand names and advertising slogans since they seemed to be a bit spammy.

-Dan
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo