1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Pseudocode - Anyone here good at it and can clarify a question I have

Hi,

I have a question regarding Pseudocode for a class assignment and would like to get the opinion of someone who knows how it works.

Thank you
  3. Did you steal it?
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

5. Did you steal it?

Originally Posted by rePete
    Hi,
    thanks for replying to my post. I can't post the question up because it is for school, but I was wondering what your opinion was and answer to the following question:

Fill in the blank:

The following pseudocode is ________ represented by the accompanying hierarchy chart above.

module_2( A )
    B = A + 1
    X = module_3( B )
    Y = module_4( B )
    PRINT X + Y
    END

Answers
    a) Correctly
    b) Incorrectly

Can you please expand as to why you have chosen that answer.

Thank you
    Homework, eh?

I'm going to spare you the diatribe and assume you're asking because you don't know the answer and legitimately want to learn from somebody, having exhausted all the other "normal" resources available to you (eg, textbooks, peers, and teachers).

What do you think the answer is? Why? Let's start from there and see what you know or don't know. Because I'd be happy to help you reach the right conclusion - I just won't give it to you.

Specifically, I'm looking for answers to questions like:
    1. How do you interpret the diagram? What do the boxes and arrows and labels mean?
    2. How do you interpret the pseudocode? What parts of it would you expect to find in the diagram and what parts aren't as important?
    3. How do the two correlate?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

requinix, posting a private message when I asked you not to, then making assumptions is very childish and unprofessional. I have been in this devshed community longer than you have and I have learnt to place my trust in most of the members here not to act irresponsible and immature.

I don't understand why you would want to post a private message between me and you online unless you are trying to show off to people here or on a powertrip?

All you have earned from posting it up, is not to trust you.

Wow, really amazed at your high reputation and amounts of posts and you pull a childish manoeuvre. I guess you can't trust the stats these days.
    Last edited by rePete; May 14th, 2012 at 08:57 AM.
  9. Did you steal it?

Oh, spare me. There is nothing secret in your question. You didn't want to post it publicly because you wanted someone to give you an answer and explanation for a homework problem. So what? Now your teacher knows you're liable to go onto programming forums and ask for assignment solutions? Good.

I won't refute your post point by point, mentioning things like how you didn't ask me to keep it secret or how I clearly said I would assume you wanted to learn, but I will ask you this:
    Do you still want help with this? I don't care if you trust me or not, I've given you a couple things to think about and if you want to reply to them then I'll keep helping you. Otherwise you can do whatever you want.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo