Thread: REALBasic

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

REALBasic

hi, just wondering whether anyone uses REAL Basic and if so wer abouts on forums shud i post questions realating to this ? thanks
  3. I fail at spelling
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Last time i used BASIC was in HS.

So basically I am not too much help on that one. Why are you using BASIC? Just wondering.

Welcome to DevShed,
    Chad
    I am working now with Symfony2, Twig, Doctrine, Composer, Assetic, and HTML5. Enjoying doing what I do everyday!
  5. <?PHP user_title("gimp"); ?>
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I know that you might not be a native English speaker, but we appreciate if you do your best to spell straight and use proper grammar.

Thanks.
    Chat Server Project & Tutorial | WiFi-remote-control sailboat (building) | Joke Thread
    “Rational thinkers deplore the excesses of democracy; it abuses the individual and elevates the mob. The death of Socrates was its finest fruit.”
    Use XXX in a comment to flag something that is bogus but works. Use FIXME to flag something that is bogus and broken. Use TODO to leave yourself reminders. Calling a program finished before all these points are checked off is lazy.
    -Partial Credit: Sun

If I ask you to redescribe your problem, it's because when you describe issues in detail, you often get a *click* and you suddenly know the solutions.
    Ches Koblents
  7. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Originally Posted by gimp
    I know that you might not be a native English speaker, but we appreciate if you do your best to spell straight and use proper grammar.

Thanks.
    Sorry about that....

I use this basic because i did program in Visual Basic .NET but i prefered this IDE because when it compiles the app it dosent require .NET framework or any other add ons. It still produces GUI etc....
  9. 'fie' on me, allege-dly

The Visual Basic forums would probably be the best spot, failing that the "Other Programming Forum" would be next

BRB
    Last edited by Axweildr; May 22nd, 2006 at 04:42 PM.
    --Ax
    without exception, there is no rule ...
    Handmade Irish Jewellery
    Targeted Advertising Cookie Optout (TACO) extension for Firefox
    The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones

09 F9 11 02
    9D 74 E3 5B
    D8 41 56 C5
    63 56 88 C0
    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.
    -- Jamie Zawinski
    Detavil - the devil is in the detail, allegedly, and I use the term advisedly, allegedly ... oh, no, wait I did ...
    BIT COINS ANYONE
  11. Cunning Linguist

I used to live at home, now I stay at the house

Thanks.
  13. Type Cast Exception

Originally Posted by Axweildr
    The Visual Basic forums would probably be the best spot, failing that the "Other Programming Forum" would be next

BRB
    I would say "Beginner" ... lacking someplace else. RealBASIC I can only presume is fundamentally different from VB. Though I do not use it myself.

-- edit: apparently they have built it with VB programmers in mind, though I doubt you'll find too many Real users in the VB forum. Maybe I'm wrong ...
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  15. <?PHP user_title("gimp"); ?>

Originally Posted by ChiefWigs1982
    Am I missing something?
    Chat Server Project & Tutorial | WiFi-remote-control sailboat (building) | Joke Thread
    “Rational thinkers deplore the excesses of democracy; it abuses the individual and elevates the mob. The death of Socrates was its finest fruit.”
    Use XXX in a comment to flag something that is bogus but works. Use FIXME to flag something that is bogus and broken. Use TODO to leave yourself reminders. Calling a program finished before all these points are checked off is lazy.

If I ask you to redescribe your problem, it's because when you describe issues in detail, you often get a *click* and you suddenly know the solutions.
    Ches Koblents
  17. I fail at spelling

Am I missing something?
    Yeah dude, you didn't need to cut on that guys grammer. Heck it's the other forums that nobody really checks. You often times don't speak in whole complete sentances with correct punctuation. Not saying that it was a bad comment, just saying that it didn't add anything that could really have helped.

Comments on this post

• ChiefWigs1982 agrees : I just found that post ironic...
    I am working now with Symfony2, Twig, Doctrine, Composer, Assetic, and HTML5. Enjoying doing what I do everyday!
  19. <?PHP user_title("gimp"); ?>

You often times don't speak in whole complete sentances with correct punctuation.
    Holy sh*t - tell me, next time? I haven't noticed that too much.

Yeah, I was thinking of adding 'what the hell do you need basic for' as my 'contribution', but decided to let the people that knew what they were talking about talk.

Comments on this post

• medialint disagrees : you were better off not posting this nonsense -9999

Ches Koblents
  21. Type Cast Exception

I would suggest if you are really looking for a RealBASIC specific forum you go here I poked around for a minute or two and it seems that you will probably get much more specific RealBASIC info there. I mod the VB forum, and really, we don't tackle RealBASIC questions there. I've never seen one in two years or so, to be honest.

We welcome your participation in DevShed, but there is no specific interest here, apparently, in this particular language and finding a specialized forum for it might be better. But feel free to ask any general questions here about programming practices or about any of the other languages and/or databases and/or server management, etc that these forums do address.

Please disregard the static.

Cheers
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  23. (retired)

I've moved this thread into Other Programming Languages - maybe someone in here knows something about RealBasic.

--Simon
  25. Commie Mutant Traitor
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

If you haven't done so already, you might want to review this white paper on porting VB apps to RealBASIC. It seems to give at least some heads' up on the differences between the two languages.

Also, an appropriate Google search finds quite a number of tutorials for RealBASIC; at least one of them should be of help.
    Rev First Speaker Schol-R-LEA;2 JAM LCF ELF KoR KCO BiWM TGIF
    #define KINSEY (rand() % 7) λ Scheme is the Red Pill
    Scheme in ShortUnderstanding the C/C++ Preprocessor
    Taming PythonA Highly Opinionated Review of Programming Languages for the Novice, v1.1

FOR SALE: One ShapeSystem 2300 CMD, extensively modified for human use. Includes s/w for anthro, transgender, sex-appeal enhance, & Gillian Anderson and Jason D. Poit clone forms. Some wear. $4500 obo. tverres@et.ins.gov
  27. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

hi thanks guys, i didnt just join the forums for REALBasic though. im also learning PHP and i do still programme in VB.Net from time to time..
  29. I fail at spelling

Yay! PHP.

That makes me happy, man I love that language.
    Chad
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo