Thread: VCD / DVD Games

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

VCD / DVD Games

Hi,

I think this is an unusual one - I haven't managed to find help anywhere on the net. What I want to do is be able to create games like tetris / quiz games - very very basic stuff... for a DVD player - this must be possible because of the different things people can do with menus on DVDs. Also, when looking around, I found people trying to sell games on DVDs.

This could be an interesting project I think... but I just don't know where to start. At the moment I can programme in Perl, PHP, Javascript, HTML, VB and Qbasic, although I have a feeling none of these are going to be helpful.

Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation VCD Games WANTED!

Hi, Andy33 and readers of this post!

Last month I bought a tiny portable audio from a very unknown brand --SILVER POINT Japan-- and it comes with two game ports on the back (but the joysticks were not included).

Now I want to play some games on it, but where are those games available? (No one knows...)

So, my headache started... and I've surfed the net under and over but this is the only post (at Google's) which got me closer to what I was looking for.

The resulting story is:

=[ V C D G A M E S W A N T E D ]=
    Dead or programmed

Please, if you do have an old CD with VCD Games or know how to program them (and who knows, maybe you have a simulator or something that allows me to play games from PS2 on my VCD player)... here's my contact info:

JOHNNY inside®

<links and personal details removed>
    Last edited by SimonGreenhill; August 29th, 2006 at 04:16 PM. Reason: links and personal details removed

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo