Thread: PDA Programming

1. Person everyone wants to hate.
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

PDA Programming

Im not sure what Language it used for eather Palm OS app programming, or Windows Mobile. Course as I only have a Palm atm, that be the idea way to start off.

Has anyone made apps for the palm before? What language is the best for it? Can you program apps in VS 8?
  3. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    For Windows CE systems (Pocket PC, smartphone etc.), you'll need Microsoft's Embedded Visual Tools, which are available for free download from Microsoft. The embedded visual tools come with both embedded Visual C++ and embedded Visual Basic, so you can use whichever you want. Search MSDN for the latest downloadable version of Embedded Visual Tools.

Palm OS development comes with more choices. While the overwhelming majority of palm software is written using C or C++, there is also support for other languages (such as Python, Java, Scheme, Pascal, BASIC etc.). There are quite a few vendors for C and C++ compilers and also for the other languages. See http://flippinbits.com/twiki/bin/vie...velopmentTools for details.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo