1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to create similar survey?

Does anyone know how this survey was created? And how you could create something that function similar. Taking the survey and getting the results to add to a shopping cart.

Thanks!

http://www.vitaminid.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreView?storeId=201&langId=-1
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

This particular example was created using flash, but it all really depends on what language you're comfortable with.
  5. Contributing User

I know Flash was used but was something else used in conjuction with the Flash on this or is this all Flash and Actionscripting?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I suppose there was some "analyses of data" in the background to determine which products would suit the user. Off-course the profiling is determined by the company.
    As this survey was just a series of numbers and checkboxes this could be done by sending in a form on completion of the survey and then running the analyses.

But the survey itself: all flash I believe yes.
  9. Contributing User

Actually got an little more detailed answer from another user.

While you fill out the form the selected answers are stored in Flash. When you click submit at the end of the survey the Flash movie generates XML in the form. This XML gets posted which is most likely a Java servlet that parses the XML and based on the results makes recomendations.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo