1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Early Adopters Wanted -- New Language Salmon

Hi,

I've created a new general purpose programming language and a full interpreter for it. I'm looking for early adopters to give it a try and give feedback.

I know there are lots and lots of programming languages out there, but I'm hoping there's not too much cynicism to preclude giving a new language a shot. I believe there's always room for new ideas, and I hope some of you do too. Whether it's my new language or some other, I hope we continue to come up with new languages and give them a chance to grow.

My programming language is called Salmon -- because Salmon swim upstream, and creating a new programming language is like swimming upstream.

If you're willing to be open to a new language, please go to the web site I set up (it runs on a web server written in Salmon) and check it out. Please e-mail me with any questions or comments (the e-mail address is on the site).

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to post the URL here because my account is new. It's salmonpl, with .net as the top-level domain.

Thanks for your consideration!
    Last edited by ManiacDan; November 2nd, 2011 at 08:44 AM.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Can you post some sample code? n/m I checked out the "link"

What is the main focus of the language?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo