1. No Profile Picture
    Thread Killer
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

shared/static MFC42.DLL

I am new to C++ programming and have created some simple programs from tutorials in VC++6. I sent one of these to a friend, but he could not open it because he did not have MFC42D.DLL.
    One tutorial explains that on step 5 of the MFC AppWizard, it asks if you want a shared or static MFC42.DLL I cannot find this option in the wizard. The New Project Information window says that the project will have "+ Uses shared DLL implementation (MFC42.DLL)" as a feature. I cannot find the option to change this. Step 5 only asks for the style (MFC App or Windows Explorer) and source file comments. Neither seem to affect this option. Is there a difference between the MFC42 and the MFC42D file that my friend was missing?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Offensive Member
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

>>Is there a difference between the MFC42 and the MFC42D file that my friend was missing?

d == debug

as in debug or release build.

>>it asks if you want a shared or static MFC42.DLL I cannot find this option in the wizard.

there are three choices on this page (in my VC v6 ent), each with two check boxes. the third choice should be to use a dll or library, pick the third and use the library.
    The essence of Christianity is told us in the Garden of Eden history. The fruit that was forbidden was on the Tree of Knowledge. The subtext is, All the suffering you have is because you wanted to find out what was going on. You could be in the Garden of Eden if you had just kept your f***ing mouth shut and hadn't asked any questions.

Frank Zappa
  5. No Profile Picture
    Thread Killer

I have VC++6.0 Standard Edition. Does this have the option anywhere?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You could also just do a Release build of your app and send that to him.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo