1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Visual C++ - Need External Dependencies folder in project

I am beginning a project for a Data Structures class I am taking & have a question that I'm sure someone can easily answer.

In my project filesystem in Visual c++, I have the following folders:
    "Source", "Header" & "Resource"

I need a folder called "External Dependencies" that will store a .cpp file. I tried to manually add a folder by this name into my project but got the error message that this is a reserved folder name.

I created my project as an empty Win32ConsoleApplication project.

Is the problem that I have created the wrong kind of project? How do I go about getting this type of folder into my project?

Thank you.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Offensive Member
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

My understanding is this is created for files which are stored on shared drives. Call the folder something else or try to include a file off a shared drive (assuming you have the Pro or Ent edition).
    The essence of Christianity is told us in the Garden of Eden history. The fruit that was forbidden was on the Tree of Knowledge. The subtext is, All the suffering you have is because you wanted to find out what was going on. You could be in the Garden of Eden if you had just kept your f***ing mouth shut and hadn't asked any questions.

Frank Zappa

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo