1. No Profile Picture
    Posh
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

resizing a panel

i'm doing an application where its interface is look like an outlook.can somebody tell me how to resize a panel and also correspond the controls inside it?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Not really something one can answer well without visuals but I'll give it a shot.

Let’s say you have a side panel and a main body panel that you can resize, to create this you would:

1) Drag and drop a 'Panel' on your form, 'Dock' it to the 'Left'.
    2) Drag and drop a 'Splitter' on the form on the right hand side of the panel, 'Dock' it to the 'Left'.
    3) Drag and drop another 'Panel' on the form on the right hand side of the ‘Splitter’, 'Dock' it to 'Fill'.

Now let’s say you want a listbox in the side panel to expand with the splitter.

1) Drag a 'Listbox' onto the side 'Panel'.
    2) Size it in the ‘Panel’ so that it has an even boarder around it.
    3) 'Anchor' it the ‘Listbox’ on all sides.

Alternately if you didn’t want a border around it you could just 'Dock' it to 'Fill'.

And that’s all there is to it, you can do all kinds of crazy resizing stuff in designer mode with 'Panels', 'Splitters' and the 'Dock' and 'Anchor' properties available on almost every control.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Posh

ok.tnx!can somebody tell me how the push pin placed in the panel and alose an exit button?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo