1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Rounding off Buttons

I understand that it is possible to change the shape of Windows forms controls such as command buttons. I would like to "round off" the edges of the command buttons that are available in Windows Forms. Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

Thanks!

Anthony
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'm not to sure if your referring to XP styled controls or drawing your own controls, so I'll assume XP controls.

In Visual Studio 2002 you can use XP styled controls by changing the 'FlatStyle' of all the controls you want to be XP styled to 'System' then imbedding an XP Manifest file into the application. This will only work for Windows XP operating systems however.

I'd think that in Visual Studio 2003 they would build in some way to do this as in 2002 its quite the elaborate procedure. If you canít find any tutorials on how to create and embed a Manifest file into your app I can help you out there.
  5. No Profile Picture

I understand precisely what you are talking about here. I did not realize you could only change the appearance of buttons on XP. I wish there was some way to change the appearance on Win 2K systems as well.

Thanks for your reply!

Anthony

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo