1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy Getting an executable...

I have been working on a project (Borland Builder 5 c++)that use a data base, but now that is finished i tried to run the executable in other computer, and it does not work, a friend told that if i install builder 5 and then uninstall it on a computer will be enough to make my program run in that computer...

so is there other way to make my executable run on any other computer?
  3. Doggie
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

What's the differences between the computers?

Are you using Windows API calls that might not exist on another Windows version?

Are you compiling to a specific chip where it won't run on an older chip? (if compiling for a Pentium 4 chip, it might not run on a 486)

There also may be some DLLs you're using that belong to the compiler that you have to include with your program. When you try running the program, does it give you an error message that it can't find a specific file? Or does it just crash?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

When you build your project you need to make sure you are not dynamically linking your libraries.

Project->options

There should be a "Linker" tab and there make sure "Use dynamic RTL" is unchecked.

That should allow you to run the binary on a machine with out BCB.
  7. No Profile Picture

when i try to run the executable in a computer and the computer dont have Borland Builder installed, first ask for some dll's, after i put the all the dll's that ask for, when i try to run the executable, the computer tell me "An Unknwon internal error has ocurred"...

thanx i'll try what you said Ornafiel...
  9. No Profile Picture

I don't know if it works now, but I've worked with C++Builder4.
    The problem I had was the packages. Where you can choose your packages you have an option for static link of the packages or something if I'm right. If that option isn't selected you have to ship the packages with your executable.

hope this helps.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo