1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy C apps on web server

Thanks for reading :-) I hope this is the right place to post this.

I have been putting a shop together for someone and I am now trying to interface it with the bank's credit card processing. To do so I need to use some C stuff. I have no experience of using C with a web server. I am working on sun solaris and the bank supplied pre-compiled files for many platforms including solaris. The files have a .e suffix. I have no idea how to run them really, I have tried posting info to them as I am supposed to but they won't execute I just get the method not allowed error. How do I get them to execute properly, please help!

Sorry if I'm being really stupid and thank you in advance for any help.

Neil:confused:
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You should tell us how they are supposed to be run, as a CGI, as a specific web server module, used by another CGI?
    The chances are that your HTTPd isn't configured properly to handle your binary.
  5. No Profile Picture

The file was being accessed by posting to it from an html form, and it didn't execute. I would assume that yes the server isn't configured to execute it. I started a different approach by trying to use php to run a shell command to run the file which is where I'm at, and hence the other more recent thread you replied to. The trouble is I am not the system administrator so I can't edit the conf file or anything :-(

Thanks for the reply, I'll think I'll just give up on normal execution because I have managed to get an output from a C app into php using shell commands, so if I can just get the app I need to run...

Thanks

Neil

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo