1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Guys recmmoned a basic oops concept

guys please recommend me a good and easiest book for learning oops concepts with sample examples ...

that makes me to get a deep knowledge + help me in learning in any programming languages(c# + any other) in future ...

pls don't ignore guys , as oops concepts plays vital role in almost every programming side , help me :)
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Road:
    Euclid is said to have replied to King Ptolemy's request for an easier way of learning mathematics that "there is no Royal Road to geometry," following Proclus.
    IOW, it requires effort on your part. It requires no less effort on anybody's part, regardless of how elevated a position they hold. We are all equal in this respect.

When Borland's flagship product, Turbo Pascal, progressed to Object Pascal, Jeff Duntemann authored a booklet that accompanied that product which explained OOP. Unfortunately, that booklet is very difficult to find anymore. Which is a shame, because it described the functionality of a Virtual Method Table (VMT) better than anything I have read since then.

Read what your current textbook tells you. Try to understand it. Then come back with specific questions.

Here is a basic idea to start with. An object exists and it does something. You have no idea how it does what it does. All you know is what it does. What information it needs from you and what information it will give to you. All else is hidden from you.

Next, there is another object. It is in some ways similar to that first object, but with differences. What new information does it need from you? What new information will it give you?

That is a starting point.
  5. Contributing User

You would do worse that to read this, then explore the links, references and further reading suggested within.

A language agnostic book on OOP specifically is perhaps of limited value, and you should first address OOD (object oriented design ) which by its level of abstraction is of course language independent. OOD leads naturally enough to OOP, and indeed leads to better OOP (as does any level of design before hacking code).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo