1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Calling excel solver from C code

Hi,

I want to call to call excel solver from C code. The targeted cell of the solver ( solving a linear programming problem) shall have a specific value that shall be used in the C code. The C code runs in a loop and each time calls the excel solver that gives a specific value in the targeted cell, then this solution of the linear programming shall be used in the C code. Kindly suggest how can i achieve this. In case it is not possible to directly invoke the solver from C code, then kindly suggest some other way to invoke the same indirectly.

Thanks.

Cheers,
    prax
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

AFAIK, Since Solver is an Excel addin. Thus, making it an object that is not directly automatable thru C or C++.

You may want to consider automating Excel which in turn will call your Excel Solver. You can use this link as a starting point for automating Excel.
  5. No Profile Picture

prax1980

please let me know if you have succeeded in figuring out how to call the excel solver from a C code.

Please take some time out in replying. Your reply will be highly appreciated. Its urgent.

Thanks in advance

Pratik

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo