1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hey, just started learn C.

Hey, I just started learn C, I'm learning by a book named "The C Programing Language" - I hear many people who say that it's a great book for learning C.
    Anyway, like everyone say.. The best way to learn programming is to code. something like that, so my first thing I would like to build, will be a simply program that will suggest you a good book, you should write a kind of book. like "drama, action, learning" and things like that. every kind of book will have just one book to write, so.. Action = Bla1, Drama = Bla2, I hope you understand me, and you can help me by telling me how can I build program like that, what I'm suppuse to learn exactly..
    Thanks! sorry for the bad explantion.
    :)
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I also have it, it's a very good book. Although, i have to admit they don't chew things for you in this specific book.

I didn't understand if you JUST want to print out the books (as words), which would be the simple printf() command to put out the words to the screen. If yes, then it's not the most interesting code and you should just print "hello world" and move to the next subject.

If you want something more complex, you should first study simple input\output, functions, loops, pointers etc'.
  5. No Profile Picture

Nope, It's not what I was meant to.
    You should write in the program the name of the subject, then you will get output. first you should write what kind of book you want.
    I think It's simple, nope?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You mean creating categories ?

It would probably include structs or arrays. Definitely not something to begin with.

It can also be done with a network of "if" statements, but the code will look MUCH better if you first studied further and only then wrote it.

I don't remember such an exercise in that book.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo